Need to download a list of subscribers? or ALL your contacts from Campaign Refinery?
Continue with this article, and you will learn to export your subscribers or your full contact list from the Contacts tab.
- Go to Contacts > Search Contacts
- Provide details in the fields to filter your search. When you only need a specific list of contacts to export, set the fields according to your filtering conditions. Example: When you need a list of subscribers or unsubscribers. Leave all of the fields blank EXCEPT for the 'Subscription Status'. Set this status to either 'Subscribed' or 'Unsubscribed', then click 'Search'
- Then, click the "Search" button to filter the contacts.
- The system will show all Contacts that meet the "criteria" that were set in the "Search" contacts page.
- Checking/ticking the box next to the "Email" header or the "Select All" button captures the unsubscribed contacts displayed on the page.
- To select all contacts with the search criteria, after clicking select all or ticking the email check box, click "Select all xx xx contacts found" just above the headers.
- To reset the selection, click the "Clear Selection" link.
- Next, go to the "Apply To Selected" dropdown above the "Email" header. Select the "Export Contacts" option
- The Configure Export window will display. Here you can pre-select the format of the CSV file you will export.
- You can choose to include and format the tags in individual columns.
- Or you can have the tags in a single field.
- You can also include the custom fields in your export.
- You can also choose not to include the tags or the custom fields.
Note: The CSV files may seem all the same at first glance. But if you look closely, the order of columns or the data format per file may differ. Also, the data in the files will depend on how you set up your forms, custom fields, tags, etc.
- If you want to send the exported files to another email address, you can add the email address to the "optional" field.
- Finally, click the 'Export all [number] contacts' button to export all selected contacts.
Note: A file too large to download instantly will be sent to your registered email address. You must have a RAR or ZIP file app to extract the files. You can check online for free versions.
- Another quick note: The subscribed and unsubscribed status in the CSV file is described as Yes or No under the Opt-Out column.