Create/Edit/Load Custom Fields
Custom fields are dynamic placeholders that allow you to customize your email content based on recipient information. These fields allow you to develop highly tailored and engaging email campaigns by inputting data such as name, location, and age.
Personalization makes your message relevant to the recipient and helps increase open rates, click-through rates, and total engagement.
In this article, we will show you how to add custom fields in the Contact tab of your Campaign Refinery account.
In addition, we will also show how to load the most common custom field groups you can easily add.
There are two (2) ways to create additional Custom Fields.
Option 1: Create field groups from scratch.
- Go to Contacts>Custom Fields.
- You can assign your Field Group Name based on the data you need to gather, then click 'Continue'.
- You will see the notification that the Field group was created. You will also see the field group name added under the Field Groups list at the left. On the right, you can add as many new field names one at a time.
- Add your custom field name and select the appropriate field type. Click Add.
- You will see a notification that the field was created. On the right, you will see the new field name. In the same window, you can continue to add new custom fields.
- Notice the Edit link for the Field Group name. You can edit or delete the specific field group name by clicking it.
- Likewise, there is an edit button and other actions to the right of the field name.
- Edit allows you to edit the field name and the field type.
- The up and down arrow buttons let you move the field names to a different order in the list.
- Lastly, the delete icon allows you to delete the field name.
Option 2: Load one of the common custom field groups from the drop-down menu.
- Repeat Option 1> Steps 1a-c.
- Then, choose to load one of the common custom field groups by clicking on the box or the drop-down arrow. Click Load.
- In this example, we loaded the Custom Field Group Billing Address. Note that it is added to the Field Group Names on the left. On the right, you will see the field names under that group.
- Here, you can also add a new field name to be included in the billing address field group. Let's say you want to add 'P.O. Box', as a field name. Type it in the Field Name box, set the Field Type, then click +Add.
- Upon clicking add, you will see the notification "The field was created" and the new field name added under the field group.