Add DNS Records in GoDaddy
1. After completing the Domain setup, click 'DNS' next to 'Edit'.
Alternatively, you can also go to the DNS Setting by clicking 'DNS Setting" below 'Domain Setup' on the left side panel.
2. The DNS Setup comes on display. It has all the DNS variables you must add to GoDaddy's DNS Records page.
3. Go back to your GoDaddy Account > Click 'Manage DNS' on the right side below List for Sale.
4. You will be directed to the DNS Records page, where you will add the variables from Campaign Refinery's DNS Setup page. To add a new record, click on 'Add.'
5. You must fill in the empty fields with the values from the DNS Setup page on Campaign Refinery.
There are 4 fields you need to fill in: Type, Name, Value & TTL.
Below are the variables that correspond to each other between the DNS Records on GoDaddy & the DNS Setup on Campaign Refinery.
'Type' corresponds to 'Record Type' on Campaign Refinery. Click the drop-down arrow and choose the record type. An example of a Record Type is 'TXT.'
'Name' corresponds to 'Record Name' on Campaign Refinery. Copy and paste all the texts from the DNS Setup on Campaign Refinery before the domain name. It means the 'Record Name' without a domain.
Example: r1.abcdopqrr.com - Copy and paste 'r1' only to the empty field under 'Name.'
Another example is krs._domainkey.r1 - no need to include the domain name "xxxx.com".
'Value' corresponds to 'Value' on Campaign Refinery. Copy and paste all the texts from the DNS Setup on Campaign Refinery.
TTL should be the default value.
6. Click 'Add record' after adding all the required variables.
7. Repeat the steps from #4 to #6 above until you've added all the information from the DNS Setup page on Campaign Refinery.
- Every time you add a new record correctly, a prompt showing 'Success!' appears.
9. Return to the DNS Setup page on Campaign Refinery and hit 'Verify' in the top right corner.
Errors: Red texts may appear under each series of values. These errors can mean the server is busy, the added records are incorrectly entered, or there is a missing value in the series.
10. When all errors are fixed, the DNS Setup page will show as 'Verified.'
And you're all set!